Some ideas for questions to ask:
- Is your organisation open to transgender and intersex people?
- What happens when you have an intersex person come to your organisation for support?
- Do you use the 2019 National Guidelines for Gender Affirming Healthcare at your clinic?
- Does your organisation have a policy/formal stance on handling transgender patients/clients/students etc?
- Have your staff had takataapui sensitivity training, or would your organisation be interested in this?
- Do you employ transgender people, and are there any transgender staff in your management team or on your board?
- What does your sports team or recreational group do to make trans people know it’s a welcome space for them?