The Sex and Gender Diverse Health Outcomes Working Group – or SDGWG – is a group of people who bring their expertise in working across the health care sector and community organisations. People in the SGDWG are working together to create better health outcomes for sex and gender diverse people in the Wellington region, with a focus on youth well being.
The SGDWG has representatives from Capital and Coast DHB, Wairarapa DHB, and Hutt Valley DHB, endocrinology, mental health, youth health, student health, transgender takataapui and intersex organisations including Gender Minorities Aotearoa and ITANZ, and people who fill various other health roles in the well being of sex and gender diverse people.
SGDWG’s Recommended Top 10 Resources for Sex and Gender Diverse People and their Whanau
1. Gender Minorities Aotearoa – national takataapui, transgender, and intersex organisation, information database, links, support in NZ
2. Takatāpui: Part of the Whānau
3. TranzForm – support group for trans youth in Wellington
4. You, Me, Us : Our People, Our Relationships, Ko Koe, Ko Au, Ko Tāua, Ko Tātou: Ā Tātou Hunga Takāpui, Ā Tātou Hononga
5. Trans Youth Sexual Health Booklet
6. RHO Factsheet: Reproductive Options for Trans People
7. I Think I Might Be Transgender, Now What Do I Do?
8. OMG I’m trans
9. First Steps: Shared Stories from parents and caregivers of trans* and gender diverse children
10. Gender Spectrum: Parenting and family